What You Will Learn
You will learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI professional. You will:
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move underwater
- Find out what its like to breathe underwater and learn whether you can be comfortable there
- Learn some basic skills and safety rules which can carry over to a full scuba certification course when you take that next step
- Must be at least 10 years old
- Complete the PADI Discover Scuba Diving release form Click for Form
Most Discover Scuba Lessons involve a brief instructional and safety briefing, gear assembly and fitting, and then you get your chance to dive!
Open Water Dives
An open water dive is not required in the Discover Scuba Diving program, but it does make an excellent addition to the experience. Completing an open water dive counts as the first of the 4 dives required for the Basic Open Water scuba certification.
Gear You Will Use
You will use all of the basic scuba equipment during your scuba lesson: a mask, snorkel, fins, buoyancy compensating jacket (which holds the tank), a scuba regulator to breathe from, and gauges to monitor depth and air supply. You may end up wearing a wet suit depending on water temperature and personal comfort. Also, you may use some sort of weight system if your gear makes you too buoyant to get underwater.